CENTRAL TRANSPORT ANNOUNCES A NEW FREIGHT INSPECTION STRUCTURE
Warren, Michigan, March 22, 2010
- Central Transport (CT), one of the nation’s most technologically advanced less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, has developed an improved process for customers requesting a Freight Inspection, a detailed report of damaged freight.
“This updated process will allow customers, both internally and externally, to proactively send Freight Inspection requests without having to spend extra time and money tracking down contact names and numbers,” says Jeff Cackowski, Director of Quality Improvement and Claim Resolution. The revamped setup includes two new email addresses and a new RightFax number – a number allowing users to send and receive faxes directly from their computer.
The new contact email addresses are:
The new contact fax number is: 586-819-0023
Currently, claim form filing instructions indicate that damages over $500.00 require a joint Freight Inspection. If a Freight Inspection is required, the following information should be forwarded to one of the contact locations listed above. It is important that the Freight Inspection be performed before a cargo claim is filed and the inspection report included with the actual filing. CT requests that the following information be provided when requesting a Freight Inspection:
- Central Transport Pro Number
- Estimated Value of Damage
- Commodity involved
- Date Shipment Delivered
- Indications of whether D/R was noted damaged at time of delivery
- Location of freight to be inspected (if different than delivery location)
- Name (first and last), along with phone number of contact person to view freight
- Name and contact information for person requesting inspection
- If a copy of the inspection is requested, after inspection is made, email address to forward
- Any other applicable information to aid in the request
Central Transport (CT) is a privately owned full-service asset-based, transportation provider offering supply chain solutions across North America. Central Transport provides regional, inter-regional and long-haul LTL (less-than-truckload) services, cross-docking, consolidation and pool distribution services, as well as customized value-added supply chain services. Central Transport is based in suburban Detroit and is part of the privately held CenTra, Inc., a Forbes 500 private company.